In order to show how organizations really use Money Habitudes cards in employee benefits workshops, here’s an example of a financial seminar for university employees, at West Virginia University. Many Money Habitudes financial education classes are taught by Extension educators.
For financial educators, there are a number of case studies that highlight how Money Habitudes is being used in a variety of ways; this one shows how one finance professor uses his Money Habitudes cards with students, university employees in benefit classes and with financial planning clients. Also, this post points out come of the commonalities found in financial education workshops.
Money Habitudes in employee benefits sessions:
- The money personality assessment is a fun, hands-on activity.
- It makes talking about money fun.
- It helps people better understand their wants and needs and their spending habits in the context of their employee benefits and retirement options.
- It breaks up often dry, boring PowerPoint presentations that are heavy on numbers.
- It gets couples to relate better to each other when discussing finances.
Narvel Weese, Vice President for Administration and Finance, invites faculty and staff to attend second annual EmployeeFest on Thursday, April 12, 2012 from 8-a.m.-4:30 p.m. at Erickson Alumni Center. Pre-register before March 31 and you’ll receive a FREE WVU insulated tumbler. This year’s event will offer more than 70 wellness and financial fitness oriented exhibits and activities. Financial workshops will include:
– “Personal Budgeting” and “Simple Estate Considerations” presented by WVU Business and Economics Professor, Dr. Ade Neidermeyer;
– “Plan for Secure Retirement” presented by Jay Mahoney, CEBS, Managing Consultant, TIAA-CREF
– “Get Your Coup-On!” and “Money Habitudes” presented by WVU Extension Services
Free shuttle transportation will be offered from many campus locations. In addition, a free “grab and go” lunch in a special WVU insulated lunch bag will be served. More than 750 faculty and staff have already registered. Check http://employeefest.wvu.edu for updates, ADA information and to pre-register.